The Specialty Food Association (SFA) is proud to announce the six winners of the 2018 Leadership Awards. The awards honor food industry frontrunners who go above and beyond by creating positive social, economic, and/or environmental impact through their innovation and vision. Awards are given in three categories: Business Leadership, Citizenship, and Vision.
The sixth annual SFA Leadership Award winners are:
- Meg Barnhart, The Zen of Slow Cooking, Lake Forest, IL: Every packet of the company’s spice is packed by an adult with a developmental disability
- Christopher J. Patton, River Hills Harvest Marketers, LLC, Minneapolis, MN: Developed native midwestern elderberries into a viable specialty crop
- Ryan Emmons, Waiakea Hawaiian Volcanic Water, Culver, CA: For every liter of water bought, Waiakea donates 325 liters of clean water to people in need in Africa
- Sam Mogannam, Bi-Rite Market, San Francisco: Brought together Bay Area chefs to feed victims of the California wildfires
- Mohammed Ashour, Aspire Food Group. Austin, TX: Food tech group that address global sustainability and food security with advanced insect farming
- Thierry Ollivier, Natierra By Brandstorm, Inc., Van Nuys, CA: Feed a Soul program gives a meal to a Haitian child for every purchase
To read more about the winners, click here.